USF offers two ways for students, faculty, staff and alumni to enjoy golf with their colleagues. Recreational Sports offers a weekly social and lightly instructional outing at Golden Gate Park Golf Course, aimed at the beginning golfer. The USF Golf Club, an NCGA Associate Club begun in 1995, provides members of the campus community with the opportunity to get an official handicap through Northern California's governing body an to play in amateur competitions.
NCGA Associate Club: USF Golf Club I
The Northern California Golf Association is the governing body for golf in Northern California. USF Golf Club is a recognized Associate Club with the NCGA, which means that its members have all the rights and privileges of membership without direct association with a specific golf course. Any USF faculty, staff, student, or alumni can join the club at any time. The priority membership window for the NCGA is December and there is a $10 additional fee for joining outside of that timeframe.
The club will be sponsoring several outings at local golf courses in 2013. In past years these have focused on great S.F. courses like Harding Park, Fleming, Gleneagles International, and the Presidio. This year we will likely be traveling further afield for outings around the Bay Area and Monterey.
Joining the USF Golf Club costs $50 and means becoming a member of NCGA. Membership in NCGA offers several benefits to the golfer. Find out more info at the NCGA website:
- Participation in the GHIN Golf Handicap system, allowing the user to post scores, track performance over time, and use the results for official competitions.
- Ability to participate in amateur competitions. The USF Golf Club is typically invited to four annual club competitions.
- Special member pricing for rounds at Pebble Beach's Poppy Hills GC and Livermore's Poppy Ridge GC.
- NCGA Golf monthly magazine with the latest updates on rules, tips on improving play, and features on great local courses. Also includes the yearly Bluebook summary of all Northern California courses and a special publication on the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am.
- Discounts on courses, clinics, and member-only outings at private courses around California. Discounts on merchandise, airlines, hotels, and amusements.
For more information about the USF Golf Club, please contact Tom Henke.
USF Golf Club II
The USF Golf Club II meets Wednesday evenings at 5:30 p.m. at the Golden Gate Park Golf Course, where they play nine holes each meeting.
Moderate golf experience is suggested. Light instruction is provided. Clubs are available to borrow at the course if needed. The cost for participation is $40 per month, to participate in all 4 sessions/weeks, or $30 for 3 weeks/sessions, or $20 for 2 weeks/sessions, or $10 for one week/session. At times the club meets at a different course which may alter the participation fees for that week. Those instances and fees will be communicated out during that specific week.
To register for participation in the USF Golf Club II please click on the club logo below. Then choose the drop down menu options that meet your needs and allows you to submit the appropriate fees.