Additional Web Sites
Databases for Primary Sources: News Articles
- Ethnic News Watch Full-text articles from newspapers, magazines, and journals of the ethnic, minority, and native press
- LexisNexis Academic Excellent source for articles from newspapers around the world. Select “Sources” Tab → Choose your country → Choose publication type → choose specific sources → Hit the red “Ok-Continue” button → Enter keywords → Hit the red “Search” button.
- Newspaperindex.com provides links to newspaper websites from around the world, arranged by country.
- Proquest Limit to "Newspapers" to find current news articles on nearly every topic.
Databases for Secondary Sources: Magazine and Journal Articles
Here are some of the journals on this topic, available at USF either in print or online. Use Journal Finder http://www.usfca.edu/library/research/journalfinder.html for detailed holdings information.
- American Political Science Review
- Comparative Political Studies
- Comparative Politics
- Development and Change
- Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- International Political Sociology
- International Studies Quarterly
- International Studies Review
- International Studies Perspectives
- Journal of Democracy
- Journal of Politics
- Journal of Third World Studies
- New Political Science
- New Politics
- Peace Review
- Political Science Quarterly
- PS: Political Science & Politics
- Political Studies
- Women and Politics
- World Development
- World Politics
Reference - these materials are available in the Gleeson Reference Room on the 1st Floor
- World Encyclopedia of Political Systems and Parties Call Number: Ref JF2011 .W67 1999 – Entries for countries include system of government, powers and responsibilities of government branches, the electoral and party systems, major political forces, and specific political parties (history, organization, financing, membership, etc.).
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations Call Number: Ref G63 .W67 2001 – For each country, information is provided on migration, religions, transportation, history, political parties, local and national government, armed forces, international cooperation, income, labor, economic sectors, trade, finance, health, education, and media.
- Political Handbook of the World Call Number: Ref JF37 .P76 – Provides a description of political parties, the government, elections, etc. for each country.
- The Statesman’s Yearbook Call Number: Ref JA51 .S79 – Provides information on history, constitution and government, recent elections, current administration, the economy, etc.
- Almanac of Women and Minorities in World Politics Call Number: Ref HQ1236 .M347 2000 – Provides political and biographical details on achievements of women and minorities in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of every nation in the world.
- Encyclopedia of Nationalism Call Number: Ref JC311 .E63 2001 – Volume One consists of full-length overview articles on fundamental aspects of nationalism, arranged by broad subject area, with an index at the back to facilitate finding more specific topics. Volume Two consists of concise entries arranged in alphabetical order covering four major subject areas: Nations and Groups, Nationalist Leaders, Concepts and Movements, and Scholars and Thinkers.