Officer Request Form
General Guidelines for Requesting Officers
- The normal ratio of officers for special events is one uniformed officer per 100-150 participants. The number of officers will depend upon the specific event. Student sponsored dances will require a minimum of two officers. The Department of Public Safety will make the determination of the number of officers needed based upon the history and experience with similar events.
- There is a $75.00 hourly charge for each officer for non-USF departments/agencies. USF Departments sponsoring outside organizations will be assessed the full hourly charge for Public Safety Officers.
- An officer will be available for the special event on request for a minimum of 4 hour per day.
- USF departments and organizations will not be charged an officer fee if request is made at least 20 business days prior to the event.
- Officers are required to report one-half hour prior to the event’s start time and must remain onehalf hour after the event ends, or until the participants have cleared the event area.
- Complete the section below and submit AT LEAST 20 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. A $100.00 late fee could be assessed if request is not submitted 10 business days prior to the event.
- You must notify Public Safety of the cancellation of the event at least 5 business days
Information of Person Making Request
Event Information: (Events may include university-sponsored dances, concerts, & games)
If request is for an activity other than an "event," please skip to section below titled "Detail Information"
Detail Information: (Details may include on-campus construction, fire watches, and other maintenance-related activities)