Dialogue for Change (formally known as
SJEP) is a program for undergraduate students at USF who want to engage in meaningful and sustained discussion across difference. Participants will learn skills related to:
- Developing personal and social identity awareness
- Building relationships across difference
- Strengthening individual and group capacities to promote social justice
Dialogue for Change is an 8 Session Dialogue facilitation program that helps students gain skills that will help them become leaders for change within their communities. Previous participants have learned how to facilitate dialogue around issues of social justice, identity, and lived experience. One will also learn mediation, conflict resolution, and others skills to confront oppression. This program is for students who would like to strengthen their leadership skills by becoming more confident in engaging in meaningful and sustained dialogue across difference.
Should you have any questions about Dialogue for Change, please contact Alejandro Covarrubias at email@example.com, or 415-422-2848.
The 2013 Dialogue for Change Time Line:
- 9/5: Applications due by noon (Click here to apply)
- 9/7: Students will be notified if they have been accepted in the program
- 9/13: Dialogue for Change Social (Participants will meet each other and the facilitators for an overview of the program)
- 9/15: Day Long Retreat (Facilitators and participants will develop group trust and build a safe foundation for dialogue throughout the program through a series of team building exercises and discussion)
- Weekly Sessions held on Mondays from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (Weekly sessions will consist of short readings, videos, and activities to encourage authentic dialogues about issues of difference)
- Dates for the weekly sessions are: 9/17; 9/24; 10/1; 10/15; 10/22; 10/29; 11/5; 11/12; 11/19