University Adviser, Director of Developmental and Exploratory Advising Programs
Areas of Interest:
- Exploratory Advising
- Undeclared Students
- Change of Program Students
- Appreciative / Intrusive Advising
- Academic Probation Students
- Early Alert Students
- Late Withdrawal Students
- Students Earning D's and F's
- School of Management Student Development
- Career Development
Years at USF: 5
Hometown: Chicago, IL (Northwest Suburbs)
- BA, Psychology and Economics, Indiana University - Bloomington (with Liberal Arts and Management Certificate and Spanish Minor)
- MA, Higher Education and Student Affairs, The Ohio State University - Columbus
- National Academic Advising Association
- National Career Development Association
- In Summer 2011, I completed a120 hour Career Development Facilitator training through the Center on Education and Work at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Dance has been a part of my life for over 25 years - I take Biodanza, Hip Hop, Belly Dance, Blues Dancing and other classes whenever I can!
- I enjoy practicing yoga regularly - esp. Aharaj Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, and Dynamic Chakra Trance Dance.
- Some of my favorite books from the last few years are: When Life Falls Apart by Pema Chodron, The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach, Ph.D, How to Be an Adult in Relationships by Dr. David Richo, Awakening Joy by Jamez Baraz.
- I was raised as an only child, but I have five older half brothers and sisters from my dad's previous marriage.
Grey's Anatomy has been my favorite TV program since it started and the music from the show is all over my iPod!
Blogging is my favorite creative outlet outside of work. Visit careerintuition.blogspot.com/ or www.kimberlyknowles.com to check out my posts!.
- My Myers-Briggs preferences are ENFP, my Holland Codes are SAI, and my top Strengthsquest themes are Strategic, Individualization, Learner, Communication, Achiever, and Woo (Winning Others Over)!
Why Did I Become an Adviser:
- I had some really powerful mentors who encouraged and empowered me to go after my dreams ever since then, I've wanted to do the same for others!
My advice for students:
- Life is too short to spend it living solely to meet others' expectations..
- Make it a priority to live in line with your heart, your passions, and your values..
- It is never too late to change every moment is a new opportunity to pause, take a breath, and start anew!
Email: Kimberly Knowles
Schedule an Appointment: Check availability