Associate Dean, Student Academic Services for Branch Campuses
University Adviser, Director of Academic Development and Technological Innovation in Advising
Areas of Interest
- First Generation College Students
- Underrepresented Student Populations
- Foreword Summer Bridge Program/Thrive Program
- Peer Advising
- Faculty/Staff Training
- Training on New Technologies
- Social Media in Higher Education
Year Started at USF: 2000
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
- Ed.D., International and Multicultural Education, University of San Francisco
- MS, Counseling, emphasis on College Counseling, San Francisco State University
- BA, French, University of California, Davis
- National Academic Advising Association
- American Counseling Association
- I enjoy taking care of my family and learning all the dance moves and songs that my 3 year old knows from her TV shows.
- I speak French and a little Spanish.
- I am one of those rare San Francisco natives - born and raised! I love all San Francisco teams. GO NINERS AND GO GIANTS!
- I love gadgets and anything related to technology! Totally an Apple person and an early adopter, yet I don't have an iPhone.
- I am always reading something on my e-reader or an actual book!
- Crafting..literally or figuratively.
- One of my favorite things is discovering new restaurants in San Francisco. I'm always on the search for good ramen.
- I love my iPod and love listening to music. Have any suggestions for me?
- I heard that in order to become a good photographer, you need to take at least 10,000 pictures. I've taken 13,000 and I'm not convinced I'm that good. Yet.
- I strongly believe in mentoring and am very proud to serve as the program chair for the Foreword Summer Bridge Program/Muscat Scholars Program, a pre-college program for incoming first year students at USF.
Email: Charlene P. Lobo Soriano
Phone: (415) 422-6841
Schedule an Appointment: Check availability