program consists of 30 graduate units. Twenty-six of these units are
completed through 13 courses (2 units each). The master's project is an
additional four graduate units.
- Students select an appropriate course of study in consultation with a faculty advisor.
develop their Master's Project as an in-depth study of an environmental
issue in their area of interest. The project hones the skills essential
to environmental management: problem identification and definition;
review, organization and analysis of relevant literature and research;
and presentation of justifiable recommendations.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum overall Grade Point Average of 2.7 and a 3.0 GPA in an applicant's major.
- Two letters of recommendation
of intent - A two-page statement in which an applicant describes their
educational and professional goals and interests in the environmental
- One semester of college chemistry is required.
- Additional background in the physical and biological sciences and mathematics is recommended.
students must also submit a Certificate of Finance or other evidence of
financial support, and TOEFL score. TOEFL score must be a minimum of
550 for the paper test.
course in the curriculum is 2 units. Students meet with a faculty
advisor to select the 13 courses required for the program from the
Please visit our website for the most recent information: