The Premier Boutique Hospitality Management Program
Learn More about studying Hospitality Management and our department
We are the premier boutique hospitality management program. We offer a more personal and intimate environment to study all aspects of the hospitality industry with small class sizes, a well-structured internship requirement of 800 hours in the industry, customized advising for each student, and numerous options for involvement in student organizations.
Our objective is to make certain each student feels he/she is recognized as an individual and he/she is given the opportunity to be creatively stimulated and inspired to be successful in the hospitality industry.
The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the top tourist, business travel and convention destinations worldwide, which makes it the perfect setting for studying Hospitality Management. Our industry partnerships — with both global and local hospitality organizations — allow you to augment your academic studies by gaining real-world experiences, insights, and connections that will jumpstart your career.
Three Pillars of Excellence
In addition to focusing on providing a comprehensive education in business and the hospitality management fields, we have established three areas of teaching, research, and executive education excellence that help distinguish us from other hospitality management programs. These concepts are incorporated into all that we do in hospitality education.
Global Meetings and Events
- San Francisco is a global leader in hosting meetings and events, providing a great opportunity to experience the value of meetings in today's world.
- Sustainability is critical to the future of the meetings & events industry and enables organizations to demonstrate social responsibility.
- Technology is a part of the culture of the San Francisco Bay Area and its importance to the constantly changing world of meetings and events is an area of concentration for us.
Eco and Ethos
- Sustainable, socially responsible hospitality industry businesses will be the ones that survive and thrive in the long run.
- We have a responsibility to create a balance between people, planet, and profit in all areas of the hospitality industry.
- We bring an understanding of how to incorporate a "local" factor in the way the hospitality business operates.
Well-Being and Quality of Life
- Being in the Bay Area, we fully embrace the cultural lifestyle exemplified by Napa and Sonoma Valley regions through wine and food.
- We understand the implications and implementation of a healthy lifestyle related to the hospitality industry.
- The trend toward boutique and lifestyle lodging leads to more intimate, personalized service and unique design.
Visit and join our University of San Francisco (USF) Department of Hospitality Management LinkedIn discussion group to keep up with the latest discussion and even participate in the dialog or subscribe to and read our blog. You can also download our Department of Hospitality Management one sheet flyer for more details.
Come study hospitality management and prepare for a career in one of the most exciting global business fields at the premier boutique hospitality management program.