The ITS computer labs are designated for use by current students, faculty, and staff of the University of San Francisco . By using any computer in the ITS computer labs at USF, you agree to abide by this policy.
- No food or drinks allowed in the computer labs at any time.
- No shouting, loud talking or cell phone use allowed inside the labs.
- Students are not permitted to install, modify or delete any software
on lab computers.
- If a station is left unattended for more than 20 minutes, another person
may use the machine.
- Scheduled classes in the labs have priority over all other uses.
- Do not save files or other work on lab machines. The hard drive is wiped
clean every time the computer is restarted. User data files should be saved
on flash drives or Google Drive.
- ITS is not responsible for problems caused by computer viruses, improper
use of the equipment, or loss of data due to equipment malfunctions or
any other reason.
- Equipment in the computer labs may not to be removed, modified, relocated,
or disassembled without permission of the Lab Coordinator.
- Do not post signs in the lab or on the lab doors without first seeking
the permission of the Lab Specialist.
- ITS computing resources may not be used for illegal or disruptive purposes.
- Reproduction of any copyrighted material (e.g. software, music, video,
books, photographs, etc.) is prohibited.
- Displaying of offensive graphic images bin ITS labs is not permitted.
- Sending/posting harassing or unwanted messages to others is prohibited.
- Intentionally seeking information on, obtaining copies of, or modifying
files, tapes, or passwords belonging to other users, or misrepresenting
others, unless explicitly authorized to do so by those user, is prohibited.
- Be respectful of other lab users, lab equipment and area at all time
in the computer labs.
- Problems with computer lab equipment should be reported to the lab personnel
- Users are to clean up the area around the computer they used before they
- Network ports in computer labs are for lab equipment only. No other devices may be connected to them.
- Protect your security. Log off the computer before leaving the computer lab.