To fulfill the City and University requirements for becoming an FYIT tutor, please note that all FYIT tutors must complete the following steps before becoming eligible to work:
FYIT is currently hiring for the 2012-13 academic year. Please fill out an application on this website.
1. I-9 Form. If you have not worked on campus before you will need to fill out an I-9 form at One Stop (LM 251).
2. Work Clearance Form. After completing the I-9 form, you will need to submit your Work Clearance Form to the FYIT Graduate Assistant. Students who qualify for federal work study funds will receive a Work Clearance Form via email. This form can be forwarded to FYIT@usfca.edu. Non-work study students can retrieve their Work Clearance Form at the One Stop and deliver it to the Learning & Writing Center in Cowell 227.
3. Livescan/Fingerprinting. Every tutor working in the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) must be fingerprinted at the beginning of every academic year. To do this, please do the following:
• Call Miriam Rodriguez from San Francisco Unified at 415-241-6101 to set up an individual Livescan appointment. Your appointment will be located at:
SFUSD Human Resources
555 Franklin Street,
San Francisco, CA 94012
• Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time with the following items:
a. A valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a license or passport.
b. Social Security Number.
c. Money Order for $51 (they do not accept cash or credit card).
• Call back in 4 business days to receive results of the Livescan.
• Cost is $51.00, you will be reimbursed if you are hired by returning results and receipt to the Learning & Writing Center in Cowell 215.
4. TB Test. The SFUSD requires a TB test every three years. If you have results of a current TB test (completed within the last 3 years), you may fax it to the Learning & Writing Center at (415) 422-2194. If you need a TB test, please do the following:
• Call the USF Student Health Clinic at (415) 750-4980 to make an appointment.
• After your test, return to the Clinic in three days to have the test read. Note: tests will not be read on the weekend.
• The test will cost $33.00- students cannot be reimbursed for this cost.