Apply Online for Summer Admission!The M.S. in Analytics program starts once each year in July (summer admission). The early deadline for admission and scholarship consideration is December 5 and the final deadline for admission and scholarship consideration is March 1.
The online application for summer 2014 admission opens in early August 2013.
Apply online and submit all required application documents listed below. Once all application items have been received, applications will be reviewed for admission and for a limited number of scholarships. It is best to apply as early as possible, before the deadline. Completed applications on file at USF before or on that date are given priority consideration for admission and scholarships offered by the Analytics Program.
Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field and have fulfilled the foundation requirements/equivalencies (see below) are considered for admission. Applicants with academic or professional backgrounds in math, computer science, engineering, finance, economics or equivalent skills are encouraged to apply.
The following foundation requirements/equivalencies for admission can be listed on your printed or online application form, according to the instructions provided on the form.
Other Recommended Courses or Experience
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Algebra
- Programming experience (E.g., in Java, Python or C++):
- Ability to write structured programs in a high-level language (e.g. objects, methods, functions)
- Ability to read/write data from files
- Facility with the three basic control structures (block, conditional, iteration)
- Understanding of variables and data types (int, float, string, boolean)
- Familiarity with basic data structures (list, dictionary, stack, queue)
The following are recommended, but not required for admission:
- Discrete Math
- Data Structures
When an application and all application items have been submitted and verified, then an application is complete and ready for admission review by the MSAN Program. Admission review begins after the deadline. Admission decisions are released beginning 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline.
- Create an online application account.
- A transcript from each college, community college, study abroad program and university attended. Three-year Bachelor's Degrees are accepted for admission review.
- Statement of Purpose – Upload a 2- to 3-page typewritten, double-spaced statement of purpose that describes your academic and/or professional background, reasons for applying to the Analytics Program and your educational and career goals.
- Resume – Upload an updated resume that describes your employment history and other experience that may be relevant and beneficial to this graduate program.
- Letters of recommendation – Submit the names and contact information for two recommenders. Academic or professional recommendations are preferred (for example, professor or work supervisor).
- Official GRE General or GMAT score – You can upload a copy of your own score report to your online application. As you do so, ensure that you have also requested that an official score report be sent to USF from ETS or GMAC. The USF school code for the GRE is 6996 or 4850. The USF code for the GMAT is 91M-3X-08.
- International students need to upload a score report for the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE test, a copy of the first page of the passport, and a completed Certification of Finance form with supporting bank statements for $57,830 (tuition, fees, living expenses) (see International Students). The USF school code for the TOEFL and the GRE is 6996 or 4850.
Included in the admission decision letter is notification of any scholarship awarded by the graduate program. Applicants receive email notification when the admission decision is available online. Admitted applicants also receive an admission package in the mail. Once the class for the fall program is filled, later qualified applicants may be placed on a waiting list.
All students who are admitted to the graduate program are required to submit a tuition deposit to reserve a space in the program after notification of admission is received. The tuition deposit deadline is included in the student's letter of admission. The tuition deposit must be received at the MSAN Program at USF on, or before, that date or the admitted student is not guaranteed a place in the graduate program and the admission will be canceled.
If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you can begin the free application process for a U.S. federal student loan at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The USF federal school code for the FAFSA is 001325. All U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible for $20,500 in U.S. federal student loans in each year of graduate studies, unless if a student has defaulted on a previous student loan. There is no application deadline for these loans, although students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA as soon as possible since the loan process can take eight weeks to complete.
For any financial assistance offered by the MSAN Program, all applicants (US domestic and international) will be considered and notified of such an award in the admission letter. There is no separate application for this assistance. International students, and U.S. students, can contact the One Stop/Financial Aid Office for other student loan programs available to graduate students.