A Conference for Trustee Leadership in Catholic Education
Presented by The Institute for Catholic Educational Leadership, University of San Francisco
Thank you to our speakers and attendees who made the 2013 conference a valuable experience for all.
Please check back for information for Summer 2014!
Boards are facing a critical time for Catholic education as our institutions experience significant generational transitions. Leaders and trustees are called to reinforce the Catholic identities of the institutions they serve. This challenge, combined with the business and financial complexities facing our institutions, create the need for boards to reflect on the changing trends, partner with presidents, and position their institutions for mission effectiveness and successful sustainability.
Addressing governing boards of
Catholic colleges and universities
2013 Speakers included:
- Donna Carroll, President, Dominican University, River Forest, IL
- Claudio Chiuchiarelli, Bay Area Technology Entrepreneur and former Board Chair, University of San Francisco
- Steve Katsouros, S.J., Director, Institute for Catholic Educational Leadership, University of San Francisco
- Barry Posner, Author, The Leadership Challenge
- Kerry Robinson, Executive Director, The National Leadership Roundtable on Church Management
- William Ryan, Harvard Kennedy School Faculty and Co-Author of Governance as Leadership
- Ralph Wolff, President, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Sustaining and growing your institution
- Rethinking the business model of education
- Engaging in collaborative strategic thinking and planning
- Using indicators and metrics to govern more effectively
- Stewarding your institution’s mission
Reactions to the 2013 Trustees Conference:
“I have attended hundreds of professional conferences, and MAKING DECISIONS TO SUSTAIN YOUR MISSION was the best, as a result of outstanding presenters and solid, implementable information.” - Catholic high school board chair
“MAKING DECISIONS TO SUSTAIN YOUR MISSION offered an important opportunity for my board chair and me to enjoy a valuable common experience together of board education. The two of us can rely on each other when we refer to the conference with the rest of our trustees.” - Catholic university president