An excellent opportunity for teachers and individuals to update or complement their current technology skills.
The 12-credit Digital Technologies for Teaching and Learning (DTTL) Certificate offers selected graduate-level courses that provide students with a foundation in teaching with technology both in the classroom and online. The Certificate program is also an opportunity for those who are considering an MA or doctorate to evaluate their readiness to pursue a graduate degree in education from USF.
Tel: (415) 422-5290
Applicants must have a posted BA/BS degree. They may or may not already hold a graduate degree in education.
Certificate Program Features
- Classes are relevant and topical to both business and education.
- Students learn with colleagues who are diverse in thought and experience.
- Faculty continuously review courses to keep pace with the real-life world of technology.
- After completing the Certificate, individuals may elect to apply to the MA in DTTL program and apply the credits earned in the certificate program to an MA in DTTL.
Course of Study | 12 credits
For students with an already existing level of content knowledge in DTTL, courses will be selected to meet the individual student’s level of proficiency and/or need and substituted for courses listed.
The DTTL Certificate curriculum consists of required core courses from the DTTL Master’s degree curriculum.
Required | 3 credits
601 - Digital Media Literacy (3)
Three courses selected from the following | 9 credits
- 631 - Instructional Design, Curricula and Learning Theory (3)
- 633 - Technology and Diverse Learners (3)
- 635 - Digital Media and Learning Practicum I (3)
- 670 - Issues, Trends and Research in Digital Media and Learning (3)