The International and Multicultural Education (IME) Department is committed to understanding inequalities and disparities as a way of promoting educational scholarship and research based on principles of equity and social justice.
- IME programs are dedicated to understanding formal and informal education within social, cultural, and linguistic contexts around the world.
- While the programs address the realities of urban schooling in the United States, we maintain a global focus by carefully examining the impact of globalization and immigration on education worldwide.
(Click on titles for detailed program information.)
Tel: (415) 422-6878
Fax: (415) 422-5526
- May be combined with a Teaching Credential
- Optional Concentration in Digital Media and Learning (also offered online)
- Optional Concentration in Human Rights Education
- Optional Concentration in Second Language Acquisition
"Despite all the obstacles I faced because of my immigrant experiences, I am the first sibling in my family to attend a university and obtain a bachelor's degree and a master's degree. The concepts of empowering staff and students in promoting social justice are skills I gained at USF. I have now taken what I have learned about critical pedagogy and provided trainings at an international level as a trainer on anti-bias education."
EDGAR LAMPKIN, Principal, Bardin School Alisal USD