Curriculum | 30 credits
Requirements include 24 credits of coursework, 3 credits of internship and a 3 credit Masters Capstone.
See O&L course descriptions in the School of Education section of the USF General Catalog online.
HESA Core | 21 credits
- O&L 744 Academic and Student Affairs (3 credits)
- O&L 614 Introduction to Organization and Leadership (3 credits)
- O&L 741 American Institutions of Higher Education (3 credits)
- O&L 663 Race, Diversity and Higher Education (3 credits)
- O&L 662 Campus Environments and Cultures (3 credits)
- O&L 656 Student Development in College (3 credits)
- O&L 626 Sociocultural Foundations (3 credits)
Research Methods | 3 credits
- O&L 657 Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education (3 credits)
Practicum | 3 credits
Students completing the degree in HESA must complete three credits of practicum experiences during their program. Traditionally practicum credits are completed during the second, third and fourth semester of the student’s program. The required practicum commitment is approximately 100 hours per semester or 10 hours per week.
See the one-credit practicum options which are arranged in collaboration with the various offices within the USF Division of Student Life.
- O&L 645 Practicum in HESA I (1 credit)
- O&L 646 Practicum in HESA II (1 credit)
- O&L 647 Practicum in HESA III (1 credit)
Masters Capstone | 3 credits