Students may combine their course of study for the Master of Arts in Organization and Leadership (O&L) degree with preparation for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.
In addition to standard School of Education application requirements, all Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Applicants must submit evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree and one of the following:
- a valid teaching credential or
- a services credential with a specialization in pupil personnel services, library services, health services, clinical rehabilitation services, or a designated subject credential, verify three years of successful, full time teaching experience in public or private schools or
- two years of successful, full time experience appropriate to the services credential held.
- In addition, candidates must provide evidence of passing CBEST scores.
- Verification of all credential(s) and experience(s) must be on school district letterhead and signed by a school district official.
Curriculum | 30 units
See O&L course descriptions in the School of Education section of the USF General Catalog online.
Credential Course Work | 21 units
- O&L 615 - Information Systems in Educational Management (3 units)
- O&L 621 - Budget and Finance (3 units)
- O&L 622 - Education Law (3 units)
- O&L 624 - Human Resources in Educational Management (3 units)
- O&L 630 - Educational Leadership (3 units)
- O&L 652 - Data Based Decision Making for School Leaders (3 units)
- O&L 654 - School, Community and Society (3 units)
Supervised Field Experience | 6 units
- O&L 648 - Field Experience I (3 units)
- O&L 649 - Field Experience II (3 units)
Master's Field Project or Thesis | 3 units
- O&L 655 - Master's Field Project (3 units)