Acknowledging the importance of supporting the whole student, embracing the Jesuit value of Cura Personalis and seeking to foster a community based upon an ethic of care, the Division of Student Life is committed to:
- Promoting a common good that includes the needs of all students.
- Engaging differences in a manner that allows students to learn from the diversity of perspectives, experiences and traditions that exist within the University community.
- Providing experiences that challenge students to develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, culturally and morally in order to prepare them to contribute to the University community.
- Drawing out the leadership qualities inherent in every individual, and to providing opportunities for students to apply knowledge and skills.
- Creating an environment that supports a socially responsible way of being together in community.
- Recognizing and celebrating the achievements and contributions of all students.