Application For New ACE Member
Please respond to the following questions. Your responses should be no less than a paragraph each.
1. Why are you interested in becoming an Advocate for Community Engagement (ACE)?
2. If you have taken a service-learning course(s), please identify department, course name, and professor. What are the benefits and challenges of taking a service-learning course?
3. Please describe your experience engaging with underserved or marginalized communities. Explain what you’ve learned and how it has influenced you to further your involvement in such communities in San Francisco.
4. What will you bring to the agency with which you work in terms of...
A) ...social issue-based knowledge (e.g. I previously took a course on housing and homeless and have familiarity with San Francisco housing policies.)?
B) ...professional skills (e.g. I worked in customer service and feel comfortable interacting with diverse client groups.)?
Please be specific and expand.
5. What do you hope to learn or develop through your experience as an ACE (i.e. I want to learn more about the root causes of poverty in San Francisco.)?
6. Please provide your class schedule for the fall semester and list your activities, jobs, etc.
7. Please list two references and provide their contact information. The references can include professors, job supervisors, academic advisors, club advisors, etc. At least one reference should be from USF. We may contact these references if needed.
8. Please list your availability for an interview during traditional business hours (8:45am-5:00pm) on April 3 - April 5. If you are called for an interview, we will schedule it within one of the time periods you listed, so please be prepared with those time slots available.
Please paste your current resume below:
ACEs must be able to commit to:
- meeting your organization supervisor and receiving an introduction to your organization by the end of spring 2012 semester.
- attending an ACE spring training on April 27 (Details TBD)
- maintaining 8-10 hours of work per week throughout year of ACE employment (2-3 hours /week participating in service at host site, 4 hours on or off-site coordinating partnership needs, and 2 hours/week preparing and participating in individual or group meetings with the McCarthy Center)
- attending fall retreat (August 11-15) and mid-year retreat (Details TBD)
- demonstrating professional conduct and responsible representation of USF in all matters
- making a commitment to all responsibilities as defined in ACE Job Description
Please read and sign: By signing below you are stating that, if selected as an ACE, you will undertake the full job description and represent USF and the McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good in a professional and responsible manner.
For more information contact Andrea Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.422.5205
Date of Submission: